Adding the delicious and dreamy dulce de leche to chocolate cookies creates a heavenly treat! These cute and yummy little sandwich cookies are great for holiday parties, as well as any other time of the year.
This week I’ve delicately tried to balance must-do tasks with baking. I’m not sure what is going on, but my need to bake has been turned up a few (hundred) notches and it’s pretty much all I’ve been thinking about. Now I’m down to the Christmas wire and realizing there are a few key gifts that I haven’t gotten and who is going to clean my house?! Today and tomorrow will involve scrambling. And more baking, of course. Help!
I made these Dulce de Leche Chocolate Sandwich Cookies a few days ago just because and fell hard in love with them. These would be great for any party, any time of year. Grab this super easy (like RIDICULOUSLY easy) Dulce de Leche recipe or grab a jar at the store. Either way, you’re gonna love these sandwich cookies.
Wishing a relaxing and peaceful couple of days leading up to Christmas for you! Thank you for being here, my friends.
Dulce De Leche Sandwich Cookies
- 3/4 cup salted butter softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- Using a stand or hand-held mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until just incorporated. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Shape dough into two disks and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. Using 2-inch round cookie cutters, cut the dough into circles. Place on prepared baking sheets. Roll out excess dough and repeat process.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through in centers. Let cool. Sandwich dulce de leche between 2 cookies (use between 1/2 and 1 teaspoon for each cookie sandwich, depending on how runny the sauce is). Repeat process and refrigerate cookies until ready to serve!
Refrigerate for 2 hours.