Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Pomegranate Seeds is perfect as a solo party appetizer or a side dish to any meal. The sweet and savory flavors are complementary and so delicious!
A few nuggets about today, right now, this moment (it will pay off to read this entire paragraph): It has been almost a month since we’ve been in our new house. The sickness that has cycled through our family a couple times seems to have dissipated. We still don’t have a dryer and I just spread my 100th load of laundry on our basement floor to dry. The weather is BEYYYYOND gorgeous. I love my dear friend who just came over for coffee. I can’t wait to share my next couple of recipes. I will send a small gift to the person who leaves the most interesting comment on this post (my discretion; be funny, wise or both!).
What is it about Brussels sprouts that makes them so delicious? They are a rather simple little veggie. They have been one of my faves since as far back as I can remember. I picked up a few pounds of them at the store the other day and thought they would go well with my recent food obsession, the pomegranate. I added bacon to the mix because what doesn’t bacon go well with? And wow. This delicious little treat can act as a salad, side, party food or snack. Or an addition to eggs in the morning!
I hope you enjoy this one! Have a wonderful week, friends!
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Pomegranate Seeds
- 8 strips bacon use Whole30-approved bacon if following the Whole30 diet
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts halved
- 1/2 pomegranate just the seeds
- Drizzle of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and turn up edges.
- Place bacon in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove bacon (leave grease) and place on a cutting board. Add Brussels sprouts to pan and toss in grease. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Chop bacon and add to Brussels sprouts, along with pomegranate seeds. Toss and spread into a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for an additional 10 minutes and serve immediately!