Strawberry Chicken Salad is super easy to throw together, requiring just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of your time. The combination of flavors work perfectly together to create the perfect lunch or dinner side!
I made this strawberry chicken salad for myself daily when I was pregnant with my second son. I was obsessed with it because when the flavors of strawberries, tomatoes, chicken, feta and balsamic vinaigrette mingle? Magic happens. This is such a tasty little lunch and it’s beyond easy to make. I also occasionally enjoy it as a dinner side, but lunch fare is my fave.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY CHICKEN SALAD
Toss the following ingredients together in a medium bowl:
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce leaves (or any green, leafy lettuce), broken into pieces
1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
2/3 cup grilled or baked chicken breast, cut into strips
1 small tomato, cut into chunks
1/4 cup feta cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette (or salad dressing of your choice!) over the top just before serving.
- Grill chicken breasts over medium heat for this recipe for an added touch of bbq char! Place breasts on a grill and cook for 10 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat, cut into thin strips and add to the top of the salad.
- Turn the dressing into a sweet strawberry balsamic vinaigrette by adding 1 tablespoon of strawberry preserves to your balsamic dressing.
- Replace feta cheese with goat cheese or blue cheese for a different flavor.
- This salad is gluten free, but if you’re using store bought dressing check the label to ensure it does not contain wheat.
- This recipe makes a single salad meant for one person to enjoy, but feel free to double or quadruple the recipe to serve at a meal. Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl and hold off on the dressing until serving time.
- A few tablespoons of chopped red onion would taste amazing.
- Add a sliced avocado to the top of this salad!
- Any green leafy lettuce is great in this salad. Romaine, iceburg and butter are the best options!
HOW TO MAKE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
For a large batch of balsamic vinaigrette to store in the fridge for use throughout the week, combine 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 clove minced garlic in a small bowl. Whisk until combined and season with salt and pepper. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
HOW MANY CALORIES IN A CHICKEN BREAST
There are approximately 90 calories in one chicken breast.
HOW MUCH PROTEIN IN CHICKEN BREAST
There are approximately 16 grams of protein in one chicken breast.
HOW MANY CARBS IN CHICKEN BREAST
There are 0 grams of crabohydrates in one chicken breast.
CAN DOGS EAT STRAWBERRIES
Feeding your dog canned strawberries that contain syrup is not a good idea, but fresh strawberries are totally safe for your dog to eat!
HOW MANY CALORIES IN STRAWBERRIES
One medium strawberry contains 4 calories.
HOW MANY CARBS IN STRAWBERRIES
One medium strawberry contains 1 gram of carbohydrates.
MORE DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY RECIPES
- Strawberry Muffins are a great way to use up fresh strawberries. Great for breakfast or an after-school snack!
- Strawberry Layer Cake – This delicious layer cake is infused with strawberries inside and out. It is flavorful and moist and the frosting is to die for!
- Strawberry Bundt Cake is the perfect light and fruity dessert for any gathering! It is easy to make and a total crowd pleaser.
- Strawberry Brownies – Strawberry Bars are super easy to make. The touch of strawberry jam and white chocolate send them to the moon!
- No Bake Strawberry Pie – This no-bake, FRESH Strawberry Pie is a great dessert for gatherings of any kind. It is super easy to prepare and it is packed with delicious strawberry flavor!
- Strawberry Lemonade – The perfect summer drink that the whole family will enjoy!
- Steak Salad with Strawberries and Ginger Sauce – This salad will blow your socks off! Steak combined with quinoa, strawberries and ginger sauce is like heaven in your delicious little salad bowl.
HEALTHY SALADS OPTIONS
- This Tomato Barley Salad is so unique and light! It’s full of color and can be filled with your choice of vegetables.
- This easy Tuna Salad is total perfection!
- Loaded Veggie Salad – This versatile Loaded Veggie Salad is EASY to make and it is packed with healthy ingredients, such as chickpeas, black beans, tomatoes and avocados. It is a delicious lunch, wrap filling, party side or even a topping for chicken!
- Turning a cold soup into Cherry Gazpacho Salad is a dream come true! Super fresh, delicious and packed with sweet fruit and crunchy veggies. You’ll enjoy sprucing up a meal with this cold side, which is equal parts sweet and savory.
- This Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad is a great side or main dish. Grill the corn for added flavor and add shredded chicken to make it a more well-rounded meal!
- This Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad is a keeper! I love it as a solo lunch salad and also as a dinner side dish. Or you can double it for a fresh, yummy summer party food!
Will you help add value to Pip and Ebby?
If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!
Balsamic Strawberry Chicken Salad
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce leaves (or any green, leafy lettuce) broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup strawberries hulled and quartered
- 2/3 cup grilled or baked chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 small tomato cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- Toss lettuce, strawberries, chicken, tomatoes, feta cheese, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. Drizzle salad dressing over top and serve immediately.