Breakfast could not possibly be more fun! Strawberries, blueberries and sprinkles make these pancakes a super-fun kid food. I’ve been making these ‘cakes for my boys for years and they are a top-five favorite recipe in our house!
Dan and I have re-implemented one-on-one time with our boys this summer. I love when we get into the swing of doing this regularly. The past couple times I’ve had only one of my boys to hang out with, I have made my good ol’ Strawblunkleberry Pancakes. I used to make these for them a lot when they were little-little and they are still enjoyed just as much. Plus, it’s just fun to say the name, isn’t it? Strawblunkleberry. Sounds like a Willy Wonka invention.
These pancakes are super easy to make and they will put a smile on any kid’s face. When berries aren’t in season, use frozen! Make sure they’re thawed completely! ENJOY!
Strawblunkleberry Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. butter melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberries hulled and chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Butter and syrup for topping
- Place a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract. Using a mixer or spoon, mix until creamy. Gradually add the flour mixture, stirring until batter is free of lumps.
- Add batter to the hot skillet in 1/4-cup increments. Add a few strawberries, blueberries and sprinkles to each pancake before flipping, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat, repeating the process until batter is gone. (Spray skillet with cooking spray before each new batch.)
- Spread butter over warm pancakes and pour syrup over tops.