This zesty, easy Buffalo Chicken Dip comes together using only 4 ingredients. You’ll WOW everyone with this delicious hot dip at your next party!
I’m publicly saying a big ol’ thank you to whomever may have discovered that the buffalo sauce and chicken combo was a delicious one. There really isn’t much that’s better when it comes to enjoying a zingy comfort food.
Dan and I first made this dip what seems like an eternity ago. We made it for parties a lot and uh, consumed it on our own, too. It is a super easy appetizer, party food or indulgent weekend snack. Did I mention it only requires FOUR ingredients? I know, seriously. You’ve gotta make this one pronto.
WHY BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
Buffalo chicken wings are so delicious. They are a perfect finger food and are finger lickin’ good. They are a great snack or meal depending on your love of buffalo wings. But there’s a lot of work for little payoff. So this Chicken Buffalo Dip is the perfect answer = no bones + less work to get at the chicken = buffalo chicken dip perfection.
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
A party classic, this is great for a super bowl party or a girls/guys night because there’s minimal work!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a round baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine:
- Meat from 1 Rotisserie chicken, shredded (approximately 2 cups)
- 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (something like Frank’s works great)
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with an additional 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden on top, hot and bubbly.
- Don’t have rotisserie chicken? Chicken breasts turn out great with this Perfect Instant Pot Chicken Breasts recipe- then you can shred your own chicken.
- Shred your own cheese – it tastes better, it melts better, it’s just better.
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce tastes great for your buffalo sauce.
- Sprinkle some thinly sliced green onions on top.
- Some people like to have ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing and/or blue cheese crumbles on the side to dip your chips and dip into.
- Looking for a spin-off of this recipe, check out my Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip and take out some of the prep work, because who doesn’t like to cut out a few steps here and there!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- Celery sticks
- Corn chips or pretzels
- French bread slices
- Sweet red pepper slices
PREP THIS DIP AHEAD OF THE PARTY
Prepare the dip up to one day in advance – all you need to do is place everything in your baking dish, cover and refrigerate. When you’re ready to bake it, add an additional 5 minutes to the cooking time so you can heat it all the way through.
MORE FAVORITE DIP RECIPES
- Sausage Cheese Dip
- Slow Cooker Hot Corn Dip
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Chicken Bacon Artichoke Dip
WHAT TO SERVE AT A PARTY
I LOVE party food, so you have come to the right place if you are looking for recipes to make for your next gathering. Here are some options for easy recipes that will be easy, delicious and crowd-pleasing!
- Fruit Pizza – The classic, crowd-pleasing Fruit Pizza has a cookie dough crust, dreamy cream cheese frosting and a colorful top layer of fruit and a tasty glaze. Great appetizer/dessert for parties of any kind, any time of the year!
- Taco Ranch Pasta Salad – This delicious pasta salad gets totally devoured at gatherings, no matter the season.
- Sausage Cheese Dip – Sausage Cheese Dip is easy to make (let your crockpot do the work for you!), cheesy, flavorful and totally irresistible! Serve as an appetizer at your next party and it won’t last long. Only 6 ingredients required for this delicious party food!
- 7-Layer Taco Dip – This is the best 7-Layer Taco Dip you’ll ever meet! It’s the perfect appetizer and party food and it is always the first thing to get devoured.
- Crockpot Meatballs – Theserequire only a few ingredients with only a few minutes of prep. They are SO EASY to make, totally packed with delicious flavor and great for game-day parties or holidays. Let your slow cooker do all of the work for you!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded (about 2 cups)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1 1/2 cups buffalo wing sauce substitution: Frank's hot sauce
- blue cheese dressing optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a round or 9×9 square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, 1 cup of cheddar cheese and buffalo wing or hot sauce. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and top with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through. Serve warm with chips, celery or carrots. Serve with a side of blue cheese dressing, if desired.