Pigs in a blanket are a party favorite for kids and adults alike! They can be thrown together in minutes and require only a handful of ingredients. Great recipe to make for any type of party, whether for game days or as an appetizer at a holiday meal. They’ll go fast!
I remember my stepmom making pigs in a blanket occasionally growing up. Every time I heard those words I imagined cute little baby pigs curled up all cozy in blankets. I’ve never been able to shake that image. What image could possibly be cuter than that? And what bite of food could be yummier than the edible version?
Little smokies are delicious on their own, but when there’s a buttery, flaky piece of bread hugging it? MMmmm, yes, please. No matter how old I get I will never stop loving this easy recipe. This is the perfect easy finger food to throw together for the super bowl or any game day.
HOW TO MAKE PIGS IN A BLANKET
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the crescent rolls and cut each triangle into 3 equal pieces lengthwise. Place one little smokie mini hot dog on the thickest end of a triangle of crescent roll dough and roll until it is completely wrapped up. Repeat with remaining rolls/smokies.
Place onto the prepared baking sheet seam side down and brush the tops with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm with a side of ketchup!
- Replace the butter with an egg wash, if desired!
- Instead of sea salt, consider sprinkling the tops with sesame seeds or bagel seasoning.
- For an even flakier end result, swap the crescent dough out for puff pastry dough.
- Cover any leftovers you might have with plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
WHAT TO SERVE AT A PARTY
I LOVE party food, so you have come to the right place if you are looking for recipes to make for your next gathering. Here are some options for you that will be easy, delicious and crowd-pleasing!
- The Best 7 Layer Taco Dip – This is the best 7 Layer Taco Dip you’ll ever meet! It’s the perfect appetizer and party food and it is always the first thing to get devoured.
- Classic Deviled Eggs – Deviled Eggs are an American classic! Known best for their appearances at summer potlucks and Easter dinner, they are a delicious addition to any gathering. Deviled eggs are a simple, easy-to-make finger food that should not be underestimated!
- Pickle Roll-Ups – Pickle Roll-ups are most perfect appetizer for any type of gathering! Only THREE ingredients, ten minutes of your time and guests will be raving! These pop in your mouth so easily and will be gone in no time.
- Air Fryer Fries – These French Fries are healthier than the fried version and also super ADDICTING! Be warned!
- Balsamic Bruschetta – So much flavor in each small bite sized piece of french bread. Tomatoes marinated in basil, oil and balsamic vinegar with a little garlic is perfection. This bruschetta is the perfect little finger food for any gathering! Be ready to knock people’s socks off!
- Fruit Pizza – The classic, crowd-pleasing Fruit Pizza has a cookie dough crust, dreamy cream cheese frosting and a colorful top layer of fruit and a tasty glaze. Great appetizer/dessert for parties of any kind, any time of the year!
- Taco Ranch Pasta Salad – This delicious pasta salad gets totally devoured at gatherings, no matter the season.
- Sausage Cheese Dip – Sausage Cheese Dip is easy to make (let your crockpot do the work for you!), cheesy, flavorful and totally irresistible! Serve as an appetizer at your next party and it won’t last long. Only 6 ingredients required for this delicious party food!
- Crockpot Meatballs – These require only a few ingredients with only a few minutes of prep. They are SO EASY to make, totally packed with delicious flavor and great for game-day parties or holidays. Let your slow cooker do all of the work for you!
- Spinach Artichoke Dip – This hot Spinach Artichoke Dip is a party staple! People always get excited about this dip and its so easy to make! It’s a filling, cheesy snack or appetizer that you can put on pita squares, crackers or chips. Let your slow cooker do all of the work for you!
Pigs in a Blanket
- 8 oz crescent rolls
- 12 oz beef little smokies
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp course salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the crescent rolls and cut each triangle into 3 equal pieces lengthwise. Place one little smokie hot dog on the thickest end of a triangle and roll until wrapped up. Repeat with remaining rolls/smokies.
- Place onto the prepared baking sheet seam side down and brush the tops with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately with a side of ketchup!
<a data-pin-do="buttonPin" data-pin-count="beside" data-pin-tall="true" href="https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpipandebby.com%2Fpip-ebby%2Fpigs-in-a-blanket%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2FmaRT2mjFKmyUfA7Y9Fst4j8FmryhfAAFR7jYseutL4D7FFnNZGevk1FBhCIFzavkoLcijZSMZ8QdtxHQ3f9HxCKYZ3yaQ5O_dJSVMClOaV5zP0VVlgCpBhRRksHUwz0uaIBOvwbFIKw%3Dw1920-h1080&description=Pigs%20in%20a%20blanket%20are%20a%20party%20favorite%20for%20kids%20and%20adults%20alike!%20They%20can%20be%20thrown%20together%20in%20minutes%20and%20require%20only%20a%20handful%20of%20ingredients.%20Great%20recipe%20to%20make%20for%20any%20type%20of%20party%2C%20whether%20for%20game%20days%20or%20as%20an%20appetizer%20at%20a%20holiday%20meal.%20They'll%20go%20fast!%20%23kidfood%20%23pigsinablanket%20%23partyfood%20%23fingerfood"></a> <script async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>