Introducing the most perfect savory sandwich recipe! Instant Pot Pulled Pork with coke make delicious sandwiches and are a hit for family dinner OR at your next gathering. The pork comes out perfectly tender, packed with flavor every time and tastes like it has been slow cooking all day long.
I know I rave about food all the time because I love food and food is my job, but I have raving tiers. These Instant Pot Pulled Pork with coke make a delectable sandwich! After the first bite, I knew I’d be making this recipe again and again. The pork is super tender, the flavor is TOTAL PERFECTION and I ate the entire batch all by myself within just a few days (don’t judge).
These sandwiches will be perfect for summer picnics, birthday parties, game days, weeknight dinners and so much more. Whip out your Instant Pot and give this pulled pork a try. I promise you will LOVE it!
WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO TO SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO MAKE INSTANT POT PULLED PORK SANDWICHES!
I have made this recipe using both soda and broth and my favorite version BY FAR is the soda version. I do not like soda, but in this recipe? YUM.
I recommend cutting the pork into chunks before cooking it in order for it to cook more thoroughly (and just so it fits!).
If you have leftovers that sit in the fridge overnight, you may encounter a layer of fat on the top when you remove the cover. Pork is a fattier meat, so this is normal. You can either remove it and reheat it OR leave it and allow the fat to melt back into the meat mixture.
SIDES TO SERVE WITH BBQ PULLED PORK SANDWICHES
Here is a small collection of my favorite side dishes that go GREAT with BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches!
BEST RECIPES TO MAKE IN AN INSTANT POT
The list of recipes you can make in an Instant Pot is endless! It can act as a slow cooker, saute pan, steamer, rice maker, yogurt maker and pressure cooker. It can cook soup, chili, pasta, meat, potatoes, veggies, cake, beans and so much more. Here are a few of my favorite Instant Pot recipes:
- Quickly put together Instant Pot Chicken breasts for an easy dinner or to shred for a recipe.
Instant Pot Goulash is really easy to put together and tastes better for leftovers.
Comfort food is a how bowl of Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Never make this popular side dish any other way – Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Great for a gathering, game night or to spruce up some hot dogs with Instant Pot Chili
Enjoy this yummy pork! Stop back and let me know how it turned out for you!
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot
- 12 oz coca-cola sub with Dr. Pepper or chicken broth
- 15 oz bbq sauce jar; reserve 1/2 cup for topping sandwiches
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 lb pork shoulder cut into chunks
- Hamburger buns for serving
- Extra bbq sauce and pickles for topping
- Add the coca-cola (or Dr Pepper or broth), bbq sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper to the Instant Pot. Mix well. Place the pork pieces into the liquid and stir.
- Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 45 minutes on high pressure. It will take the IP around 15 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
- When cooking time is done, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes then set to Quick Release. Let the float valve drop and remove the cover.
- Remove pork from the pot and shred. Return shredded pork to the pot and let sit 5 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns with extra bbq sauce and pickle slices for toppings.