Grilled chicken goes perfectly with this fresh, totally scrumptious Peach and Cherry Salsa! Be sure to use compliant Worcestershire and mustard if you’re following the Whole30 diet!
Last week as I was writing this fun post about our favorite Western United States places to visit, I mentioned checking out the fresh cherry stands that litter the sides of the roads around Flathead Lake in Montana. Then I remembered that I had made a delicious recipe with said cherries and had forgotten to write a post about it. This was not a forgettable recipe, so I blame the oversight on travel distraction. If you are looking for a healthy but over the top delicious grilled recipe, make sure to add Grilled Chicken with Peach and Cherry salsa to your menu this week!
This fruit recipe is so addicting, healthy and yummy. I took my first bite of peach and cherry salsa hesitantly because I had used a few random ingredients that jumped out at me from our RV fridge. It turned out being one of those “happy accidents” we talk about in the art world.
The season for fresh cherries is a short one, so replace fresh with dried cherries if you make this out of season.
The Peach and Cherry Salsa paired so well with grilled chicken, but also was great as a solo lunch salad or wrap filling. Both Dan and I were guilty of eating straight from the bowl a couple times.
The weather here in Minnesota is still so ridiculously lovely that I’m still not in baking mode. Soon! Have a GREAT week!
FRESH CHERRY RECIPES
Turning cherries from a soup to a salad is a dream come true with this Cherry Gazpacho Salad!
The flavor of this Red Fruit Salad will blow you away!
Making your own Cherry Jam is delicious and easy!
Summer is complete with a fresh Cherry Limeade that kids and adults alike will slurp down!
WHOLE30 INSPIRED RECIPES
- This is a healthy snack or dessert option for the Whole30 participant! Almond Butter Banana cookies will be enjoyed by kids too!
- You can replace rice with this scrumptious Cauliflower Mushroom Rice dish and comes together in 15 minutes!
- Satisfy that salty crunchy craving with these Homemade Baked Potato Chips!
- For those that love a grilled burger, these Healthy Burgers with Sweet Potato Buns replace the flour bun with delicious creamy sweet potatoes!
Grilled Chicken with Peach and Cherry Salsa
- 4 chicken breast fat trimmed
- 2 peaches pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bing cherries fresh bing cherries, pitted and chopped (substitution: dried cherries)
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (ensure it is Whole30-compliant if following the diet)
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard (ensure it is Whole30-compliant if following the diet)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Light a grill over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts for 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine peaches, cherries, onion, capers, Worcestershire, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Place chicken on serving plate and top with peach-cherry salsa. Serve immediately!