This method for making simple syrup eliminates refined sugar and takes THREE minutes and requires only TWO ingredients. Brush onto baked goods or use it in your favorite cocktail. You want to know how to make syrup using honey today!
My husband enjoys making a Lemon Drop drink and it calls for simple syrup to sweeten it. Dan decided to make a syrup made with honey instead of refined sugar so it wouldn’t taste suuuuper sugary.
Simple syrup made with honey adds a different flavor to cocktails with much less sweetness. If you buy a bottle at the store, you will pay FIVE DOLLARS. This recipe is much more economical, it requires only two ingredients (honey and water) and it takes THREE minutes to make. And no stove top!
Called Simple Syrup For A Reason – Here’s How To Make Syrup Using Honey!
Enjoy the step-by-step video tutorial we have created for this recipe! Our goal is to make your time in the kitchen as easy as possible and to ensure that your version of this recipe is a success. See our full collection of cooking and baking videos on YouTube!
How Do You Make Sugar Syrup?
Do you buy it at the store? Or do you make the version of Simple Syrup with refined sugar? Is this version with honey a new technique for you? Tell me in the comments!
What is Simple Syrup Used For?
Simple syrup can be used for a variety of purposes:
- To sweeten fruit salads
- Cocktails (like Mint Juleps)
- Sweetener for non-alcoholic beverages such as lemonade or iced tea
- Used to brush onto baked goods to glaze, sweeten and “seal” surfaces before spreading the frosting.
Where and How Long Should Simple Syrup Be Stored?
Simple syrup should be sealed and store in the refrigerator and lasts for up to four weeks.
Leave a comment and let me know this version using honey compares to the regular variety! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Have a great rest of your Monday and THANK YOU for being here, friends!
How to Make Simple Syrup Using Honey
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- Combine the honey and water in a mason jar. Microwave for 1 minute, seal jar with a lid and shake vigorously until mixture is combined. Store sealed in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Brush simple syrup onto baked goods. It's good in your favorite cocktail!
Making a smaller batch is easy! Simply use equal parts of honey and water.