Learn how to make this frozen dumplings in air fryer recipe quickly and deliciously in a matter of minutes! Straight from the freezer to your air fryer, this is the best way to enjoy the many different types of dumplings available in the freezer aisle.
Why This Recipe Works
Is there anything better than a warm, delicious dumpling dipped in soy sauce? Aside from maybe egg rolls dipped in soy sauce? Whether enjoying this savory treat at a Chinese restaurant or from a takeout box in my home, I always let out a big MMmmm!
I happen to have all of these amazing, miraculous appliances sitting in my kitchen (hey hey, Instant Pot Duo and Awesome Air Fryer!), so I began wondering how easy and tasty it would be to simplify this yummy food.
I grabbed a box of frozen dumplings (aka pot stickers) from the grocery store down the road, rushed back home and threw them into my trusty air fryer for a few minutes. They emerged lightly golden brown with a crispy texture, perfectly cooked through, steaming and ready to eat. Who knew?! Air fryer frozen dumplings are DELICIOUS!
This is the easiest way to enjoy dumplings without the need to pan fry or to find a deep fryer. If this is a favorite food of yours, give this tasty treat a try!
Frozen dumplings – Ok folks, this is the only ingredient necessary, making this the easiest side or party food to prepare in the world. And you don’t even need to thaw them first! Any variety will work great. Pull straight from the freezer!
Lime juice – This is a totally optional ingredient, but a little lime juice squeezed over the top after cooking is scrumptious!
Sesame seeds – If you’re up for dressing them up a bit, sprinkle sesame seeds over the top to create absolutely perfect potstickers.
Soy sauce – Soy sauce (in my opinion) kinda needs to be involved after the dumplings have cooked for a total dumpling experience. Use as a dipping sauce!
How To Make Air Fryer Dumplings
Place frozen potstickers in a single layer in the air fryer basket or inner pot of a pressure air fryer.
Cook dumplings at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
When cooking time is up, use tongs or a spatula to remove dumplings from the air fryer.
Serve alongside soy sauce.
- For best results, add a couple tablespoons of oil (choose from olive oil, vegetable oil or sesame oil) before cooking. Use an oil sprayer to avoid using excess oil.
- Any variety of dumplings works great for this recipe.
- Pop leftover dumplings in the fridge (stored in a ziploc bag) and reheat the next day in the microwave or in the air fryer for just a couple minutes.
- It is a good idea to have them lined up in a single layer so that none are overlapping while they cook.
- Serve as a side dish to go alongside other Chinese food or as a delicious appetizer at your next gathering. Or change things up on burger night and replace French fries with Chinese dumplings!
Favorite Dipping Sauce Options for Air Fryer Potstickers
- Soy sauce (any variety)
- Ginger sauce
- Chili paste
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Sesame oil
What To Serve With Potstickers
Potstickers are a delicious appetizer, side dish or snack. Which dishes or dipping sauces do you serve alongside this yummy Asian treat? Read on for 19 delicious ideas about what to serve with potstickers!
How Long Does Soy Sauce Last
How long does soy sauce last? If you have a bottle staring at you from inside your pantry or refrigerator and you don’t know whether to toss or use, you’ll want to read this post!
FAQ About Dumplings
The type of dumpling you consume depends on how healthy they are. Dumplings typically involve a high amount of carbs, but the ingredients stuffed inside the filling are usually very healthy and contain protein and vegetables. As a general rule of thumb, restaurant dumplings will be less healthy than those purchased at the grocery store. Check nutritional labels before purchasing!
Dumplings are usually wrapped in dough containing wheat flour, which does not align with a gluten-free diet. Dumplings made with rice flour dough will align with a no-gluten diet.
Dumplings freeze very well. Place on a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes first to avoid them clumping and sticking together. After that, add them to a large freezer ziploc bag and freeze for up to 6 months.
Dumplings can be vegetarian. The dough is typically compliant with a vegetarian diet, but be cautious of the fillings. Some dumplings contain ground meat, so read labels first.
Make At Home Chinese Dishes
- This easy Pad Thai recipe with shrimp and tofu is done in less than 30 minutes! Fresh and crunchy vegetables over noodles are mixed with delicious sauce!
- Enjoy Chinese takeout at home with this easy orange chicken recipe! No deep frying required. Great easy dinner option for busy nights.
- This is the best Mongolian Beef recipe you will find! It takes less than 30 minutes to make and tastes even better than your favorite Chinese takeout. Fragrant garlic, soy sauce and crispy flank steak creates a delicious, quick and easy dinner that rivals P.F. Chang’s!
- These healthy chicken lettuce wraps taste just like the famous PF Chang’s appetizer. This copycat recipe tastes better than the restaurant version with fewer calories and done in just 20 minutes!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Will you help add value to Pip and Ebby?
If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!
Frozen Dumplings in Air Fryer Recipe
- 8 oz dumplings frozen, any variety
- Place frozen potstickers in a single layer in the air fryer basket or inner pot of a pressure air fryer. Cook dumplings at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is up, use tongs or a spatula to remove dumplings from the air fryer. Serve alongside soy sauce.
Leave a Reply