Pineapple BBQ Chicken requires only FOUR ingredients and 30 minutes of your time. This quick and easy dinner recipe is packed with flavor and will feed your family quickly. The barbecue sauce and pineapple make a delicious flavor combo!
I remember being grossed out by the pineapple Canadian bacon pizzas my mom used to order when I was a kid. It always seemed odd to combine pineapple with anything but other fruit. But now? Oh sweet pineapple chunks, how delicious you taste when paired with meat.
In this recipe, though, the bbq sauce and pineapple create the magic. Zingy, zippy sauce combined with the sweet succulence of pineapple? Magic, people, pure magic.
This easy dinner will quickly become a favorite because of said deliciousness, but also because it is SO EASY to make. And hello.. four ingredients!
How To Make Barbecue Pineapple Chicken
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup bbq sauce in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared dish and top with 4 chicken breasts.
Add pineapple chunks in a layer over the chicken and drizzle the remaining 1/2 cup bbq sauce over the chicken. If desired, drizzle hot sauce over the top. Top with parsley and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken has finished cooking and has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker! Place all ingredients inside in the same layered order and cook on low heat for 4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Need extra sweetness? Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of brown sugar over the top before baking.
- Pineapple chunks work great for this recipe, but crushed pineapple works, too!
- Be sure to drain the pineapple juice from the can before adding it to the recipe to avoid an extra juicy dish.
- Sliced red onions or bell pepper slices would also be a great addition, if you have them on hand!
- Replace canned with fresh pineapple!
How To Cut A Pineapple Without Waste
Learn how to cut a pineapple without waste by following a few simple steps! This can seem like a daunting task, but don’t be intimidated. It is easy to get to the succulent center!
How To Make Homemade BBQ Sauce
Consider making your own bbq sauce so you know exactly what is being added to the ingredient list!
FAQ About Chicken Breasts
There are approximately 90 calories in one chicken breast.
There are approximately 16 grams of protein in one chicken breast.
There are 0 grams of carbohydrates in one chicken breast.
Favorite Sauce Recipes
I’m obsessed with making savory homemade sauces! Down with store bought! Here are a handful of my favorites that you are sure to fall in love with. These all make for great gifts, too!
- Enchilada Sauce – Homemade Enchilada Sauce is more delicious than anything you can buy at the store and it is super easy to make. It only requires a handful of ingredients and is done in 15 minutes, with perfect flavor and consistency.
- Alfredo Sauce – Homemade Alfredo Sauce is super easy to make, done in under 10 minutes.
- Arby’s Sauce – A copycat recipe of the famous Arby’s Sauce that makes sandwiches sing! This zingy flavorful BBQ style sauce is so delicious.
- Pizza Sauce – This homemade pizza sauce takes less than 25 minutes to make!
- Pasta Sauce – Spaghetti Sauce is super easy, meaty and hearty when made in an Instant Pot. Using a pressure cooker to cook pasta sauce makes it flavorful and quick to prepare, but tastes like is has simmered on the stove all day.
- Taco Sauce – Make your own taco sauce to use in a variety of Mexican dishes, such as tacos, burritos and taco salads. Ditch the store-bought version so you know EXACTLY what goes inside! Make homemade taco sauce with a handful of ingredients and in just a few minutes.
Delicious Chicken Recipes
I like to buy bulk chicken packs at Costco – both chicken breasts and thighs work. It’s affordable and so versatile for cooking! Here’s some great ways to put that chicken to use.
- Chicken Rice Bake is made in one pan and packed with delicious flavor. This easy dinner is packed with a variety of textures and it is the perfect family dinner to make any night of the week. Guaranteed to become a favorite!
- Instant Pot Whole Rotisserie Chicken – Cook a tender, perfectly roasted whole chicken in your Instant Pot in less than an hour! This recipe turns out perfectly every time. Perfect for an easy dinner or to have on hand for added protein in your salads throughout the week.
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken – You need to try this mixture on a bun because it’s an addicting and delicious lunch or dinner option that everyone will enjoy. Great weeknight meal AND the perfect party food!
- One-Pan Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole – Dinner has never been easier! NO PREP is required for this quick and delicious Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. Simplify those busy weeknights by adding this hearty meal to the dinner rotation!
- Easy Classic Chicken Alfredo is the perfect dinner recipe for busy nights. Done in 30 minutes and made in a single pan, everyone at the table will love this comforting dish!
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice boasts flavor, veggies and rice all in one dish. Kids and adults love it! So delicious and easy, making dinner a breeze while also filling everyone at the table up.
Pineapple BBQ Chicken
- 1 cup barbecue sauce divided
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 20 oz pineapple chunks drained
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley Italian, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup bbq sauce in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared dish and top with chicken.
- Add the pineapple chunks in a layer over the top and drizzle the remaining bbq sauce over that. If desired, drizzle hot sauce over the top. Top with parsley and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.