Angry Birds Pizza recipe brings out the child in all of us! What better way to incorporate a bit of fun into family dinner. Easy to make with no creativity required, enjoy making this angry bird-inspired pizza.
Original recipe posted: July 2012 | Recipe updated: October 2019
If your kids are enjoying the Angry Birds craze, you’re not alone! Feeling inspired, the boys and I made Angry Birds pizzas a week ago. I have been limiting Elijah’s playing of the game lately because it seems to make him, well, a bit angry. But when I proposed this pizza idea he was one excited boy.
I sketched out my idea on paper and we went to work on the real red angry bird. It was so cute! And of course it was as delicious, as pizza typically is.
WATCH THIS EASY TUTORIAL TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE!
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Divide the pizza dough in half. Dust a flat surface with flour and use a rolling pin to roll out two 12-inch circles, setting aside a small handful of dough for the bird “feathers.”
Form/roll the extra dough into four 2×1-inch ovals. Press 2 ovals onto the top side of each circle to create the “feathers.”
Use the back of a spoon to spread 1/8 cup of olive oil onto each pizza.
Spread 1/2 cup of pizza sauce over top of each pizza.
Spread 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over each pizza, covering completely.
You will need approximately 30 pepperoni slices for each pizza. With a scissors, cut 14 (total) of them in half. With the halved pepperoni slices, form a curved line toward the bottom two-thirds of each pizza.
Form a rectangle for the eyes with the straight edges of the pepperoni halves.
Fill in the rest of the upper portion of the pizzas with the remaining pepperoni slices.
Cut 2 large, curved triangles out of 2 slices of cheddar cheese. Cut 2 small rectangles out of a third slice.
Place a cheese triangle below the “eyes” on each pizza and a rectangle under each of those to form the bottom “beak.”
Using approximately 1/4 cup of sliced black olives, place black olives in the center of the “eyes” and line the rest above the eyes to form angry eyebrows.
Bake the pizzas in the preheated oven for 17 minutes, or until the crusts are lightly browned.
Make your own pizza sauce and pizza dough for an even tastier family dinner!
ALL THINGS PIZZA
Here are a few other delicious ideas to enjoy on pizza night!
Angry Birds Pizza
- 1 lb. frozen pizza dough thawed
- flour for dusting
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Approx. 60 slices pepperoni
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup black olive slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Divide the pizza dough in half. Dust a flat surface with flour and use a rolling pin to roll out two 12-inch circles, setting aside a small handful of dough for the bird “feathers.” Form/roll the extra dough into four 2×1-inch ovals. Press two ovals onto the top side of each circle.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread 1/8 cup of olive oil onto each piece of dough. Spread ½ cup of pizza sauce over top each pizza. Spread 1 cup mozzarella cheese over each pizza, covering each completely.
- With a scissors, cut 14 of the pepperonis in half. With the halved pepperoni slices, form a curved line toward the bottom two-thirds of each pizza. Then form a rectangle for the eyes with the pepperoni halves. Fill in the rest of the pizzas with the remaining pepperoni slices.
- Using a scissors, cut “beaks” out of 2 of the cheese slices and place them under the eyes on the pizzas. Cut two rectangles out of the last cheese slice and place 1 under each of the upper beaks.
- Place 2 black olive slices in the center of the pepperoni rectangles for the eyes. Line the rest above the rectangles to form angry eyebrows. Bake pizza in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned.
Really cool! I know what to do for Angry Birds addicted son's birthday party!!!
You're so talented! I love this pizza! Not only is it funny and spot on, but I'm sure it tastes awesome too! I love creative cooking like this 🙂