Pulled pork made in your slow cooker requires only FOUR ingredients and almost no effort on your end. Dinner could not get any easier than this! Spoon into hamburger buns and serve at your next gathering or for family dinner this week.
Don’t you love recipes that come together so effortlessly that you may as well have waved a magic wand? THIS is one of those recipes. Head to the store, pick out a delectable-looking 3ish-pound pork roast, along with an onion, a can of beef broth and bbq sauce.
Now drive home, throw all of the above into your crockpot and turn it on. That’s it. Walk away and when you come back, a steaming hot dinner is ready to serve guests or your hungry family. This is the BEST party food because of its total ease and because it’s just so savory and delish.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT PULLED PORK
In a slow cooker, combine:
- 3-pound pork roast, coated in salt and pepper
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 15-oz. can beef broth
- 2 cups bbq sauce
Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, or until meat is tender. Transfer pork to a cutting board and shred the meat using two forks.
Add shredded pork back to the slow cooker and mix well. Cook pulled pork for an additional 10 minutes, or until warmed through.
Serve immediately, sandwiched between hamburger buns!
- The best cut of meat to use for this recipe is the boneless pork shoulder, which could be labeled as such or also Boston butt (or just “pork butt”) or picnic roast.
- Before shredding the meat, it may be helpful to cut the roast into quarters first.
- Beef broth can be replaced with chicken broth if desired.
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar adds a touch of added flavor, if desired.
- Top sandwiches with sliced pickles and/or extra bbq sauce just before serving. This is the most delicious formula!
SHOULD PORK BE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE BEFORE COOKING?
It is not a necessity to bring pork to room temperature before cooking it. However! If you allow it to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes, it will cook more evenly and the end product will be juicier and more flavorful. Consider adding this step into your recipe for an even yummier meal!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BARBECUE SAUCE
Consider making your own bbq sauce so you know exactly what is being added to the ingredient list!
OTHER FAVORITE HOMEMADE SAUCES!
I’m obsessed with making savory homemade sauces! Down with store bought! Here are a handful of my favorites that you are sure to fall in love with. These all make for great gifts, too!
- Enchilada Sauce – Homemade Enchilada Sauce is more delicious than anything you can buy at the store and it is super easy to make. It only requires a handful of ingredients and is done in 15 minutes, with perfect flavor and consistency.
- Alfredo Sauce – Homemade Alfredo Sauce is super easy to make, done in under 10 minutes.
- Arby’s Sauce – A copycat recipe of the famous Arby’s Sauce that makes sandwiches sing! This zingy flavorful BBQ style sauce is so delicious.
- Pizza Sauce – This homemade pizza sauce takes less than 25 minutes to make!
- Pasta Sauce – Spaghetti Sauce is super easy, meaty and hearty when made in an Instant Pot. Using a pressure cooker to cook pasta sauce makes it flavorful and quick to prepare, but tastes like is has simmered on the stove all day.
- Taco Sauce – Make your own taco sauce to use in a variety of Mexican dishes, such as tacos, burritos and taco salads. Ditch the store-bought version so you know EXACTLY what goes inside! Make homemade taco sauce with a handful of ingredients and in just a few minutes.
OTHER DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER RECIPES
If you are a huge fan of your slow cooker like I am, consider trying these easy and yummy creations, as well!
- There is NO PREP involved with this Easy Crockpot Meatball Soup. It is easy and so delicious! Great addition to your family dinner rotation.
- This Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup is super easy and comforting and it can be tossed right into your slow cooker!
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese is the easiest, creamiest and dreamiest way to enjoy a bowl of comfort!
- Spicy White Turkey Chili – Spruce up chili by giving it some spice and making it light! This version is so comforting and delicious and made in your crockpot!
- It’s a dream come true! Crockpot Ravioli is the easiest meal on the planet and it’ll fill everyone at the table up!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker
- 3 lb pork roast
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 15 oz beef broth
- 2 cups bbq sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- Combine beef broth, onion and bbq sauce in a slow cooker. Add pork.
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours, or until meat is tender. Transfer pork to a cutting board and shred the meat using two forks. Add shredded pork back to the slow cooker and mix well. Let cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Serve immediately, sandwiched between hamburger buns!